Join over 2,000 investors and sign up to our platform to review and compare our latest opportunities. Please contact us for more information about upcoming opportunities or our technology.
Investments on this site put your capital at risk and are for experienced investors only. Learn more
- £20,000.00Min. investment
- Technology (Software)Sector
- EISInvestment type
The Symvan Technology EIS Fund has been established to enable individuals to invest in technology companies with high growth potential.
Symvan Capital undertakes quarterly investment rounds and the next one concludes next week.
Our current portfolio is ideally positioned for the rise of the 'new normal' post Covid world, which will hasten the move for enterprise companies from an analogue to a digital economy. Symvan believes that the challenge for wealth managers is to find fund managers who invest in companies that are non-correlated to traditional equity/debt/cash assets, which will continue to face challenges in an uncertain world and offer less than promising risk/return
See supporting documentation below.
- Investment focus is on technology companies which are potentially disruptive in their sector and have the opportunity to scale significantly.
- Businesses which have current revenues, or at the very least clear commercial agreements, with a proven business and ideally no over reliance on one revenue stream or customer.
- Management competence is one of the most important factors in determining success or failure. Symvan’s most important investment criterion is the experience of the management team.
- Typical portfolio holding of four to six companies with full investment achieved after 12 months.
- Aim to exit most investments between five to seven years.
- Closing Date - this is an evergreen fund with quarterly closes.
- Ideal for investors seeking enhanced capital growth from more established companies.
- Capital growth fund.
- Expected Fund life of five years.
- Portfolio management service structured as an Alternative Investment Fund.
- Zero upfront fees or charges to investors; 20% performance fee at exit. Fees charged to Investee Companies.
- Funds invested in tranches for investors advised by qualified intermediaries and for unadvised high net worth and sophisticated investors seeking EIS tax reliefs where an investment in the Fund is confirmed as appropriate.
Kealan is CEO and co-founder of Symvan Capital. He has worked with venture capital companies for 15 years, both in a corporate finance advisory capacity as well as a fund manager. He prefers to invest in a wide range of technology companies, but is also very interested in finding synergies within the Symvan portfolio of companies. Company interests include big data analytics, fintech, SaaS, 3D printing and network security. Before his involvement in venture capital investing, Kealan previously lead a structured equity products team at HSBC, and has worked at Deutsche Bank, Merrill Lynch and UBS. Together with Nicholas, he has since founded his own entrepreneurial businesses to focus on VC investing. Kealan holds degrees from the London School of Economics and the University of Toronto.
Nicholas is a Director and co-founder of Symvan Capital. He is passionate about technology and believes it has never been a more exciting time to invest in the sector. His early capital markets experience at Paribas seeded his involvement in the sector, working on numerous technology transactions including the IPO for Autonomy Corporation Plc. Most of his recent experience involves working with and investing in early stage technology SMEs. He is particularly interested in big data, high performance computing and the opportunities for disruption in the education and recruitment sectors. Nicholas believes that both the quality of the management team and timing are the most important factors in determining success of a technology investment, and propounds that the Symvan mantra of “deeper not wider” is essential and requires the close involvement of the venture capital investor to nurture the businesses. Prior to setting up his own VC businesses, Nicholas worked with AiM brokers and the ECM team at Lehman Brothers, focussing on European Telecom & Media. Prior to that he worked in the TMT Corporate Finance and European Equity Capital Markets teams at BNP Paribas. Nicholas gained a BSc (Hons) in Statistics & Economics from UCL and in a MBA from Imperial College Management School.
The performance fee is paid to the manager when realisations from a company investment exceed the total amount invested. The performance fee equals 20% on realised amounts in excess of aggregate subscriptions made to the Fund net of expenses.
To digitally invest in this opportunity, review the documentation and start your application below.
The content above has been provided by Symvan Capital Limited who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm registration number 685262.