Join over 2,000 investors and sign up to our platform to review and compare our latest opportunities. Please contact us for more information about upcoming opportunities or our technology.
Investments on this site put your capital at risk and are for experienced investors only. Learn more
- £10,000MIN. INVESTMENT
- EvergreenCLOSING DATE
As the UKs leading seed investor and the largest SEIS fund, SFC Capital has the benefit of mass deal flow for its EIS fund, creating the best pool from which to identify hidden gems, and those destined to surpass projected milestones with enterprising aptitude.
We are truly national investors, with a strong presence both in London and across all Regions of the UK. Our portfolio of 250+ companies includes numerous emerging British success stories such as Onfido, Cognism, Transcend Packaging, Vortex IOT or Humanising Autonomy.
This proven model has so far generated a strong performance including multiple successful exits for our investors. These efforts, as well as the ability to deploy capital have been quickly fortified and validated by a £10 million commitment from the British Business Bank, who will be co-investing on every investment from SFC Angel Fund.
- SFC invests in the most promising and innovative companies across the UK..
- SFC is a pioneer of SEIS/EIS, having launched one of the first SEIS funds in 2013/14.
- SFC has since invested £50m in over 250+ companies, making SFC the most active Seed investor in the UK.
- We operate on a performance-based fee structure - no annual management or upfront investor fees.
- The SFC EIS fund will invest in the top 10% performers from SFC's portfolio of 250+ companies.
- Committed to investing in regional companies, diverse management teams, and sustainable business models.
The SFC EIS Fund will provide growth capital to companies with a proven business model.
• Our pool of 250+ existing investments provides a unique dealflow of growth companies.
• The SFC EIS Fund will invest in the best performers from SFC’s existing portfolio looking for ‘follow-on’ capital.
• SFC will be the first port of call for these companies when seeking growth capital. We will lead and syndicate these funding rounds alongside our angel network and co-investors.
• The investment will be used to fuel the growth of companies that have proven their model and achieved significant commercial traction.
• These companies are mature and led by management teams that have proven their worth working with SFC since their first round of funding.
Our investment strategy is based on four main pillars:
• Investing at an Early Stage - We invest in passionate entrepreneurs and support them through to a successful exit. Investing early from our SEIS fund allows us to build strong ties to our portfolio companies and to generate dealflow for our EIS fund.
• Looking for Hidden Gems - We invest in all sectors, including those traditionally overlooked by EIS funds. We don’t follow the hype, avoid overvalued companies and focus on fundamentals. We have built a large network of partners who provide us with opportunities from across the UK.
• Building Diversified Portfolios - Diversification is a proven strategy to deliver returns at a pre-seed and seed stage. Investors will receive c. 10 companies in their portfolio to increase the probability of picking the ‘winners’, generating returns in excess of 10x the original investment.
• Syndicating Investments - We syndicate investments with experienced angel investors as well as leading early-stage funds.
A veteran of the software industry, Stephen has founded and exited a number of software companies including DataEase, a global DBMS company, and Sapphire, Inc., an emergency management software. He founded Startup Funding Club in 2012 in order to help innovative companies secure their initial investment rounds. Stephen is in charge of the overall company direction and the investment strategy of the SFC funds. He also supports portfolio companies by providing them with strategic advice.
Angelika joined Startup Funding Club in its early days in 2014 bringing strong business education from top European universities, wide corporate and startup experience, and passion for entrepreneurship. As COO of the company, she overlooks day to day operations, sets up structures and processes, initiates and executes projects important for growth, and brings SFC’s strategy to life.
Joseph joined SFC in 2014 to manage the execution and syndication of SFC’s investments. Joseph is also in charge of investor relations, managing SFC’s strategic partnerships and supporting portfolio companies with their fundraising strategy. He joined from investment banking where he held both corporate finance and global markets roles, most recently at Nomura International. Joseph holds a Master degree in Management from ESCP Europe.
We generate returns for investors through the sale of our shares in portfolio companies which can take place in the event of a trade sale, a secondary share sale, an IPO or a share buyback.
So far we have completed 4 successful exits from the portfolio, returning on average c. 8.2x the net investment cost (net of fees and tax relief).
The SFC Angel Fund has a transparent, performance-based fee structure. We charge our investors a 25% performance fee only payable once the investor has received back the full amount of their original investment.
The investor is not charged any upfront fees or annual management fees. SFC Capital charge the investee companies within the fund a 6% arrangement fee charged upfront and an annual management charge of 1% capped at 4% over the lifetime of the portfolio.
News and insights
Investment in early-stage companies involves risks such as illiquidity, lack of dividends, loss of investment and dilution. Investment in SEIS/EIS eligible companies should be considered as part of a diversified portfolio. The availability of tax relief depends on individual circumstances and may change in the future. The availability of tax relief depends on the company invested in maintaining its SEIS/EIS qualifying status. There is no assurance that the investment objectives of any investment opportunity will be achieved or that the strategies and methods described herein will be successful. The investment products cited herein may place capital at risk and therefore investors may not get back the full amount invested. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance and the value of an investment may go down as well as up. Investors may not get back the full amount invested.
To digitally invest in this opportunity, review the documentation and start your application below.
The content above has been provided by SFC Capital who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm registration number 736284.