Investments shown on this site put your capital at risk and should be considered by experienced investors only. Learn more
- 03/04/2022Closing date
- £10,000.00Min. investment
- Healthcare and ServicesSector
- EISInvestment type
Hip Impact Protection provides sensor devices embedded in hip protectors to efficiently detect all falls, creating alarms and capturing data for subsequent analysis; ideal for care homes and elderly people living alone. The aim is to prevent all hip fractures and reduce the number of falls.
- Partnered with a leading software developer, Essence Group.
- Advanced and patented product which offers a significant advantage over competitors.
- Expected profit of around £3.3 million by 2022-2023
The global Fall Detection System Market is forecast to reach $480m by 2025 from $340m in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.5%. The major factors driving growth are: ability to assist in case of fall; growth in enhanced medical alert services; increased demand of wearable technology based fall detection systems.
The annual incidence of hip fractures in the USA is over 300,000 and expected to grow to 500,000 by 2040. The numbers in all developed countries are similar pro rata for their populations. Other than HIP’s technology, there are currently no devices, nor systems, on the market that have or will make an impact on that figure. HIP’s technology is part of the wider spectrum of telehealth products. Frost & Sullivan forecasts a sevenfold growth in telehealth by 2025 – a five-year compound annual growth rate of 38.2%.
Use of funds
HIP will most likely be sold to a medical devices company.
• COO Helperby Therapeutics
• Director Global Business Development GlaxoSmithKline
• Global Innovation Director GSK
• Global Business Director GSK Nutrition & Health
• Joined GSK
• Winner of 2019 China Government Friendship Medal (similar to Presidential Medal of Honour in the USA)
• Group CEO of MiniSV, Nanjing
• Group CEO responsible for global operations of Accelerated Innovation Medical Group based in Karolinska
• Professor of International Business Practice & Managing Director of Global Expansions at the Oulu
Business School (AACSB Accredited), Finland.
• 25 years experience in entrepreneurial, investment, academic, corporate, & governmental sectors.
Developed and marketed:
• 1st commercial email system in 1970s
• 1st Interactive multimedia programmes in 1980s
• 1st photographic virtual reality programmes in 1990s
0% - initial fee
20% - performance fee at a hurdle of £1.35
This means 100% of any investment qualifies for EIS relief.
Note: The sponsor (ARIE Capital) charges the investee company (HIP) an initial 5% from which they pay third party fees as well as an ongoing management charge of 1.5% p.a.
The content above has been provided by Arie Capital Limited, an Investment Adviser to Sapphire Capital Partners LLP who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm registration number 565716.