Join over 2,000 investors and sign up to our platform to review and compare our latest opportunities. Please contact us for more information about upcoming opportunities or our technology.
Investments shown on this site put your capital at risk and should be considered by experienced investors only. Learn more
- £25,000Min. Investment
- EISFund Type
- EvergreenClosing Date
The Amberside Incrementum EIS Fund is a Generalist Fund that invests in established businesses with strong management teams that are looking for capital to either make a step change in their growth, or to branch out into new complementary markets. Importantly, all businesses invested in will have shown increasing annual revenue streams, and proven that there is a clear market for their specific product or service.
The Fund is managed by Amberside Capital which is advised by CH1 Investment Partners LLP.
Amberside Capital provide 1 page documents on each portfolio company. You can download these below.
- Companies subject to rigorous Investment Committee approval
- Advance Assurance granted on all companies before investment
- A known likely portfolio at point of commitment
- Quick deployment and EIS3 certificate delivery
- Combined team of Amberside Capital and CH1 Investment Partners is strong
- Tax relief available on gross investment (less any fees payable to your Financial Adviser)
- CH1 Investment Partners have a track record of selecting, nurturing, and exiting from EIS companies
- Closing Date - This fund is evergreen with regular closing dates. The next tranche close is on 30 Jun 2020, 30 Sept 2020, 18 Dec 2020, 29 Jan 2021, 26 Feb 2021 and 31 Mar 2021.
The Amberside Incrementum EIS is targetting companies in any sector that have proven there is a significant market for their product or service.
The investment team is not looking for companies which are expecting to disrupt their market, or become “unicorns”; but instead their strategy is to select businesses with sound business plans, backed by defined strategies and strong management teams that can then deliver capital growth to investors.
The EIS has a generalist focus and will invest in a portfolio of companies that are looking for further capital having already proven there is a market for their particular product or service.
Individual Business Traits:
• Have been trading for over 12 months.
• Have advanced assurance from HMRC on their EIS status.
• Signed contracts are in place or they have defined income streams.
• Increasing annual revenue streams that can be evidenced.
• Definable market strategies within large addressable markets.
• Potential to have annual incomes of more than £10 million.
• UK centric initially with the potential to expand across multiple jurisdictions.
• Typical raise will be between £500,000 and £5,000,000 per company.
David founded Amberside Capital with David Lomas. David co-founded execution only brokerage firm Clubfinance in 2002 which he sold to Wealth Club in 2018. Clubfinance was the agent for over £200 million of EIS and VCT client assets and at the time of sale was one of the largest VCT brokerages in the UK. David co-founded the advisory and financial modelling boutique, Amberside Advisors in 2004. Amberside Advisors employs over 30 people and delivers over 200 advisory and financial modelling mandates a year. David has an MSc in Management Science and Operational Research and a BSc in Economics, both from Warwick University. He is also a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants for England & Wales and a London Liveryman.
David founded Amberside Capital with David Scrivens with whom he has worked closely since 2007. Prior to founding Amberside Capital, David gained valuable investment experience at Oxford Capital, Big Society Capital and Barclays Private Equity. David gained important insights into the dynamics, risks and success factors of early stage investing as the founder of tech start-up which created a buyer lead platform in residential property. David has been a director on over 23 investee companies. He has an MA in Economics from Edinburgh University.
Matthew Evans founded CH1 Investment Partners with Richard Spacey, with whom he has worked for the last eight years. Previously, Matthew was a Founding Partner of LGT Vestra in 2007, where along with Richard, he ran the Ventures team, focusing on renewables, unlisted commercial property and private equity investments. Prior to that, Matthew ran the Financial Planning department at PwC in London. Matthew is also a Director on several of the investments he has advised on, including Longhedge Renewables, Lake District Biogas Limited and Osprey Solar.
Richard Spacey is a Chartered Fellow of the CISI and has been in financial services for over 27 years. After spending 17 years at Lloyds Bank, Richard moved to an offshore private bank providing specialist investment advice and management. This was followed by three years in a boutique financial services office focused on UK tax planning in London. Richard joined Vestra Wealth and headed up the Vestra Ventures team with Matthew Evans, successfully raising funds in various sectors for eight years. Richard is a Director of several of the investments he has advised on, including Keystone Energy, Tavern Restaurants, I3, Lumicity Solar and Osprey Solar.
The target is to exit from the underlying companies in 4-5 years. The most likely exit will be through a trade sale or MBO.
Please refer to the Investment Memorandum for a full breakdown of the Risks.
The content above has been provided by Amberside Capital who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under firm registration number 706218.